The sun was shining beautifully on this warm June day. Everyone was happily walking outside trying to make it to the beach. It was as if everyone deliberately agreed to go today. But as I looked around I noticed a dog, he was lazily laying on a bench and he would occasionally pick his head up when someone would walk by. I innocently walked over to dog to see if he would like a piece of pizza that I was eating. As I got closer the dog eagerly wagged his tail. Eventually I have the dog a piece of my pizza and he seemed perfectly happy to eat it. The dog and I sat together for some time. We talked about school, parents and friends especially friends because my best friend and I just got into an argument. As people walked past they awkwardly looked at me, but I didn't care because it was nice to talk to someone without worrying about judgement. Long story short, this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship between Milo and I. 

Vocabulary: 
  1. shining - to give light
  2. beach - a sandy part of the shore close to the ocean
  3. deliberately - on purpose
  4. bench - a long seat for two or more people
  5. wagged - to move back and forth quickly 
  6. argument - fight
  7. awkwardly - embarrassing
  8. judgement - opinion

Vocabulary Exercise: 

Directions: Fill in the blank with the correct vocabulary word.

- shining - beach - deliberately - bench - wagged - argument - awkwardly- judgement
  1. The cat ran around the house as she ______________ her tail. 
  2.  My best friend and I had an ___________________ about what movie we should watch on Friday night. 
  3. The light was ___________ in my eyes I couldn't see a thing. 
  4. My favorite thing to do in the summer is go to the _______________ and sit on the _______________ eating ice cream. 
  5. I love having a best friend that listens to me without making _________________. 
  6. My friend ______________ set me up on a date where we stood ___________________ staring into the night sky. 

Grammar Point: Adverbs

Adverbs are words that add to verbs, they often end in "-ly".  Adverbs explain how, when or where.

Grammar Point Exercise: Re-read the original paragraph and circle the adverbs. *Hint: There are 8*

Comments

  1. I enjoyed your story about Milo and you. Was he just abandoned there? Did you adopt him?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog